Love kids’ books? Have 3-5 years of experience in the market? Wanna work in NYC? Email us–we’ve already got interviews underway. Details below.
If publicity isn’t your thing, but you do read ebooks, check out our super-quick, one-question survey over at the Sourcebooks Next blog.
Assistant Publicity Manager – Children’s/YA— Sourcebooks, a leading independent publisher, is creating significant growth in one of the most challenging retail environments in recent memory because its employees share a belief that books change lives, that hard work and cooperation create motion, and that new marketplace realities require an entrepreneurial, innovate, and flexible mentality. We are looking for a publicity manager for our Jabberwocky and Fire imprints who is ready to take our efforts to the next level and create opportunities for growth with new and existing partners. This is a new position for our growing children’s book list (which includes five New York Times bestsellers).
This position will be responsible for:
- Creating and implementing marketing and publicity campaigns
- Organizing national book tours and appearances
- Managing authors and maintain interview/appearance schedules
- Securing national and regional print and online media for feature and book review coverage
- Securing national and regional TV and radio interviews
- Developing and maintaining strong media relationships with book media and children’s book big mouths
- Managing junior staff members/interns
Requirements for the position:
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience, preferably within children’s book publicity.
- Established media contacts and experience pitching and working with book media
- Strong pitching techniques and proven ability to generate creative media hooks required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work within fast-paced, deadline driven environment
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with high energy, excellent organizational skills and creative thinking abilities, and an interest in growing with a company that is quickly becoming a leader in the industry. Please send a letter of interest, a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.